TRY OUR COMPREHENSIVE DATABASE TESTING SERVICES TO ENSURE THAT THE DATABASE OF YOUR APPLICATION STAYS SAFE, SECURE, DURABLE, AND CONSISTENT!!
WHAT ARE DATABASE TESTING SERVICES?
The database is an essential part of any software application, and its stability and security are also critical.
The type of application doesn’t matter whether it’s a mobile, web-based, or desktop-based application; the database is necessary at the backend.
Suppose the case of an application that can capture all the transaction details of the users and then stores them inside a database. From the perspective and technique of the database testing services, the checks that need to be performed include:
- Every transactional information and data in the application needs to be stored in the database, and then it should provide all the accurate and correct details to the user.
- During the time of loading into the database, the information shouldn’t vanish.
- The application should store only the completed transactions during storage time, and it should abort the incomplete operations.
- There should be adequate maintenance of access authorization to the database, which means that there shouldn’t be any unapproved or unauthorized access.
There are many testing layers involved in database testing services. It helps ensure database security, stability, durability, consistency, and scalability, which is crucial for every software application. Vihat Technologies is an offshore database testing company that can help you with our effective database testing services.
Our database testing services focus on performing ACID properties validations, Data Mapping, Data Integrity, performance checks regarding the database, and testing of procedures, functions, triggers, and views in the database.
1) Data Mapping
In any software application, data often travels forward and backward from the database to the UI and vice versa. Thus, some aspects to take into consideration during data mapping of database testing services include:
- Verifying whether the UI (User Interface) forms are mapped along with the corresponding fields all the time in the database table, and such mapping information typically gets defined in the business requirement documents.
- It’s mandatory to check if the correct action is invoked and successful or not. Whenever a specific action is performed on the frontend of the software application, a respected CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete) operation gets triggered at the backend.
2) ACID Properties Validation
During every transaction, every database is required to adhere to four properties, namely, Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability, which are also included in our services.
- Atomicity: It means that either a transaction will fail or pass, which implies that if a single part of the transaction gets failed, then the entire process will be failed, which is also called the “all-or-nothing” rule.
- Consistency: It implies the outcome of a transaction will be the appropriate and valid state of the database.
- Isolation: Results and the state of the database should be similar to get executed one after another when multiple transactions occur and get executed all at once.
- Durability: The transaction should be that once it gets finished and committed, any external factors like a server crash or power cut shouldn’t be able to change it.
3) Data Integrity
If you want successful CRUD Operations, it is necessary to ensure that the latest and the updated recent values or status of the shared data reflect all the screens and forms. The value should be the same type on all the screens. For example, if the value is updated on one screen, then it should not show the old value on the other screen.
‘CRUD’ operations facilitated by the database tool get performed by the end-user on the software application execution.
C: Create – The ‘Create’ operation gets triggered when the user ‘Saves’ any new transaction in an application.
R: Retrieve – The ‘Retrieve’ operation gets triggered when the user ‘Search’ or ‘View’ any saved transaction.
U: Update – The ‘Update’ operation gets triggered when the user ‘Modify’ or ‘Edit’ an existing record.
D: Delete – The ‘Delete’ operation gets triggered when the user ‘Removes’ any of the records from the system.
Thus, the end-user performs any of the points mentioned above during database operation.
Hence, for database testing services, all the database test cases need to be designed to verify the data in every place to ensure its consistency.
4) Business Rule Conformity
If the databases are more complex, then components of databases such as triggers, relational constraints, views, stored procedures, etc. will be more complicated.
OUR DATABASE TESTING SERVICES:
Vihat Technologies is an independent database testing company that can offer you an extensive range of database testing services which will be beneficial in testing the database of your software application. Our highly skilled professionals can help in the proper database testing techniques using high-end tools and excellent knowledge.
- Functionality Testing: In our functionality testing procedure, we test the database and ensure if the software application database functions adequately and meets the objectives and requirements of the business.
- Structural Database Testing: During structural database testing, we validate those components in a database repository that are usually used for storing data and are not allowed to be directly used by the end-users.
- Performance Testing: We validate if the database can render highly consistent results with no complexities or interruption during our database performance testing services.
- Automation Testing: We also provide automation testing, which will be beneficial in reducing efforts and offer a time-efficient way to deliver results faster.
WHY CHOOSE VIHAT TECHNOLOGIES FOR DATABASE TESTING SERVICES:
Vihat Technologies can provide exceptional database testing services to our clients that will help them test the database of a software application precisely. Our experienced test engineers can give valuable help through their testing knowledge.
- We provide database testing solutions across every vertical.
- We create a clear, precise, and accurate test strategy before the test execution for optimized testing.
- Our company comprises experienced testing engineers with varied experience and knowledge across various technologies and domains.
- Our company focuses on every granular detail and even the challenges of the database for delivering exceptional testing services to you.
OUR DATABASE TESTING PROCESS:
Our offshore database testing company can provide you with excellent database testing services. The process of our service includes:
In this stage, we initiate the task by analyzing requirements regarding the software application. A software requirement specification document helps us in the analysis process as an initial part of our services.
In the planning stage, we write a precise, clear test strategy and test plan based on the initiation process regarding the analysis of requirement specifications. They serve as a guideline for all the testing processes, schedules, test coverage, etc. throughout the entire software development and testing life cycle.
In this stage of our services, we start with the test design, which includes writing and reviewing repeatable test cases according to the requirements determined in the document. Where appropriate, we also focus on non-functional requirements, existing rules, or application logic while writing test cases.
In this stage, we execute the test cases and detect any bugs or flaws in the software application to identify if the requirements are as expected. Here, we also participate in a bug triage meeting to identify and prioritize the most critical defects, along with less critical bugs and gaps. We also get the agreed defects fixed and re-tested before the next testing cycle.
In this stage, we cluster the bugs based on the impact, priority, and severity and report the status of the bugs, test cases, and test cycles as part of our services.
In this stage, we analyze the testing reports and discuss with the team the root cause, improvement area, and action plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is required for database testing services?
A test engineer needs to have a thorough knowledge of the database concept to perform proper database testing services, including functions, procedures, indexes, views, keys, and good hands-on SQL.
Why are database testing services important?
Database testing services are crucial because they ensure that the information received and data values stored in the database are valid. It helps in saving data loss, saving aborted transaction data, and won’t allow unauthorized access to information.
Is it possible to automate database testing services?
It is possible to automate database testing services and ensure that no issues arise with databases such as crashes, broken insertions or deletions, and failovers. Hence, database test automation strategy plays a crucial role while developing database automation test cases.
How to test the database manually?
The manual testing for a software application database incorporates the data checking at the back end and checking whether or not any other front end affects the back end.