Leading Retail Operations Application, an emerging software company for retail business.
What Retail Operations Application had covered in the application testing processes when they initially contacted us and what they have achieved after they started using our software testing services.
QA Team: 1 Manual QA Engineer
Project Length: Long-Term
- The QA process was inconsistent.
- Epics and stories were tested by developers and managers.
- No test strategy, test plan, test cases, and confluence pages.
- No bug tracking and test management systems and an unstructured scrum board.
- Improper testing of new features functionality before release.
- Releases were made randomly without any schedule.
- There were lots of critical and major post-release bugs.
- Structured and formalized the application testing process.
- Worked with Product Owner and created and updated detailed user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Created detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured testing strategy, test plan, test cases, and confluence pages.
- Covered approx. 90% of the application with test cases and appropriate test data.
- Validated application UI against Figma designs.
- Setup Jira, and TestRail, and updated the scrum board.
- Cleaned up the old bugs and scheduled releases with thorough testing and release notes.
- Supported the testing on all the widely used browsers and mobile devices.
- Much more defects were caught earlier as the QA team got involved much earlier in the development life-cycle.
- Collaborated closely with the dev team and stakeholders and provided detailed feedback and improvement suggestions.
- Created simple reports to document testing conducted and defects identified.
- Maintained the software testing artifacts.
- Participated in standups, sprint planning, sprint estimation, backlog grooming, release planning, retrospective, and defect triage meetings.
Application Coverage With Test Cases
Confluence Pages Created
Bugs Reported Before Release To Production