WANT TO ATTAIN A FULL PICTURE TO FIX DEFECTS? OUR EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES CONTAIN A RISK-BASED APPROACH FOR FINDING THE MISSING REQUIREMENTS OF AN APPLICATION!!
WHAT ARE EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES?
It often happens that users don’t follow guidelines but experiment or perform illogical actions. Any software application should be capable of handling such situations or behaviors properly. Exploratory tests are performed to ensure that applications can control such behavior with ease, and exploratory testing services are one such testing service.
Exploratory testing is an experience-based software testing process where test cases aren’t designed beforehand. However, the test engineers test the software applications on the fly and note down the ideas about all the crucial aspects for validation. It becomes more valuable on having poor or absence of specifications and concise testing time. It’s generally not scripted and can be either specific or broad as per your requirements. It also emphasizes how test engineers can be able to explore whatever they find important. Exploratory testing can help test the visual experience as well as the quality of the software application.
Vihat Technologies can help you in conducting incredible exploratory testing services as an offshore exploratory testing company with the ambition of assisting businesses in making their applications error-free, especially when there aren’t any inadequate specifications and time is severely limited. We perform exploratory testing with the help of highly exceptional test engineers and advanced tools effectively and efficiently.
TEST PLAN AND TEST PROCEDURE FOR EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES:
Every test plan and test procedure for exploratory testing are:
Determined up to a point:
Every exploratory testing service comes with its ambition, objectives, and ideas to limit and guide the test engineers in specific ways.
At the discretion of the test engineers:
There’s always a possibility for making effective decisions and imaginations even in the development phase of an adequately detailed test plan.
WHY ARE EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES EXECUTED?
Exploratory testing services include testing processes where test cases are not created in advance. It relies on the test engineers’ guidance and experience to uncover the defects in a software application that are not easily covered in other tests. Exploratory testing is executed to:
- Study the software application, plan the test: Test engineers must understand a new software application first to figure it out effectively and then elaborate the test plans and test cases or improve the existing ones.
- Tests without documentation: Sometimes, it’s crucial to test and verify a software application with incomplete or no documentation.
- Explore a defect: This could also be beneficial in studying and getting the essence of the particular bug in a software application.
- Enlarge the test coverage: This helps diversify the testing process after performing scripted testing.
- Verify an unstable system: This is suitable and adequate for testing a software application that goes through continuous changes, where new functionalities or features are often added.
WHAT TO FOCUS ON DURING EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES?
- Main functions of the application: If little time is allocated during exploratory testing services, then the most crucial part is determining the primary functions of the software application operating adequately.
- Common user scenarios: Through this testing process, it’s adequate to verify whether the software application has gone through considerable changes or not. It’s also crucial to ensure that any core user scenarios are still functioning adequately or not.
- The whole system, but nothing in particular: Testers of our company get a general idea about the entire software application.
- The application weaknesses: Such an approach is put to action when the test engineer gets familiar with the software application, its design, and structure.
- Newly built functionality: During our services, it’s also crucial to check for and validate the new functions of a software application to see whether or not they will operate according to the requirements and not lead to any breakage within the application.
WHY CHOOSE EXPLORATORY TESTING SERVICES BY VIHAT TECHNOLOGIES?
Vihat Technologies is a leading exploratory testing company helping businesses to detect defects in their software applications and find the solutions for the same. We have highly skilled test engineers who have high experience in software testing and can provide businesses with the best possible results. We provide exploratory testing services with high-end tools and effective measures.
- We have experienced professional test engineers knowing excellent strategies and practices of exploratory testing.
- The test engineers of our company are also highly skilled in testing and have adequate knowledge of the peculiarities and weaknesses of any modern software application.
- We can also provide exploratory testing services of a software application without any documentation or specifications.
- Our test engineers test the application and adequately provide businesses with comprehensive feedback of the tested application and then provide accurate and detailed error reports.
THE EXPLORATORY TESTING PROCESS OF OUR EXPLORATORY TESTING COMPANY:
We are an exploratory testing company in Ahmedabad that offers exceptional exploratory testing services to businesses through our efficient, effective, and collaborative testing process in an agile manner. The exploratory testing processes of our company are as follows:
In this stage, we initiate the task by analyzing requirements regarding the functions of the application. Software or functional requirement specification documents help us in the analysis process as an initial part of our services. If there are no or poor requirement documents, then we go through the software application to familiarize ourselves with its functions and to seek out testable areas as an initial part of our exploratory testing services.
Our test engineers write a precise, clear test strategy and test plan based on the initiation process regarding the analysis of requirement specifications in the planning stage. They serve as a guideline for all the testing processes, schedules, test coverage, etc., throughout the entire software development and testing life cycle.
In this stage, we explore the software application area-wise based on priority, risk factors, and time given for testing and write down the ideas about what to test as a checklist.
In this stage, we execute the checklist and detect any bugs or flaws in the software application to identify if the requirements are as expected. If we find any bugs or flaws in any area of the software application, we raise a bug ticket with appropriate details and assign it to the relevant team member. Our services also participate in a bug triage meeting to identify and prioritize the most critical defects, along with less critical bugs and gaps. We also get the agreed defects fixed and re-tested before the next testing cycle.
In this stage, we cluster the bugs based on the impact, priority, and severity and report the status of the bugs, test cases checklist, and test cycles as part of our services.
In this stage of our services, we analyze the testing reports and discuss with the team the root cause, improvement area, and action plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the challenges faced during exploratory testing services?
As the merits of exploratory testing are largely qualitative, setting the right expectations and quantifying the gains can be difficult. Another challenge is logging the defects, and adequate documentation with proper evidence as the tester explores undocumented scenarios.
Are exploratory testing services manual?
Yes, by its very nature, exploratory testing services are manual testing.
Can exploratory testing be automated?
It’s impossible to automate exploratory testing because of the nature of testing. However, any particular repetitive use cases from its checklist can be picked up to automate during our automation testing services.
How to improve exploratory testing services?
Exploratory testing services can be improved if the tester can prepare an effective checklist of ideas about what to test based on the priority, risk factors, and the time given for testing. Then focusing on the checklist and keep adding new ideas may enhance the exploratory testing experience.