AIMING TO ASSURE FLAWLESS FUNCTIONING OF APPLICATIONS EVEN AFTER CHANGES OR ADDING NEW FUNCTIONALITIES? OUR REGRESSION TESTING SERVICES WILL HELP!!
WHAT IS REGRESSION TESTING BY A REGRESSION TESTING COMPANY?
In this ever-changing world, even the technological sector goes through changes now and then. The same goes for software applications that change for modifications and new enhancements. When such continuous changes occur, there might be high chances of getting unexpected defects in a software application. Thus, it’s critical to ensure that such changes must not lead to any negative impacts on the functioning and performance of the unrelated features of the existing application. We can help with the regression testing services of a software application effectively and efficiently.
Regression testing is perfect for software applications that are going through continuous or periodic changes since it efficiently ensures the flawlessness of such applications. It also ensures that any recent alterations in the software applications don’t impact its existing functionality. It also helps ensure that all the previous bugs of a software application and the bugs in its new release get fixed.
Regression testing covers all sorts of testing that are executed on the already tested functional and non-functional areas of a software application after all the alterations, modifications, error fixing, and enhancements to the code.
Vihat Technologies is a regression testing company in India that assists businesses with exceptional and advanced regression testing services. We ensure that the deployment of a software application remains the same according to the schedule through shifting testing left throughout the SDLC life-cycle and even help the developers to proceed with their work with confidence. There are benefits of introducing regression testing at the early stages of the SDLC life-cycle, which are discussed below.
HOW DO REGRESSION TESTING SERVICES BENEFIT?
Vihat Technologies can assist you in solving all the already existing and new defects in a software application that occur when it goes through changes. The regression testing process can benefit you in several ways, which include:
- Through service, we can detect bugs earlier, which means faster fixing time, instant feedback, and fewer testing costs incurred, which is highly beneficial.
- We are a leading regression testing company in Ahmedabad that can assist you with the bug-free work of the software application with business-critical features.
- Our testing services are beneficial since it guarantees the continuity of the business operations by optimizing pre-release testing time, which also accelerates time-to-market.
- Through our service, we can assist in shortening the testing life-cycle, which automatically increases the testing process and coverage. Thus, through automated regression testing, you can get faster testing results.
- Through service, businesses can now gain the benefits of a continuous integration setup that helps automate the regression tests run for each build.
WHAT’S THE BEST PRACTICE TO SELECT TEST CASES FOR REGRESSION TESTING SERVICES?
- During our services, the tester can select the test cases which have frequently failed to build the robust regression test suite and cover the optimum regression test coverage.
- Software testing can also be complex. Our services can also incorporate all the complex test cases in the regression testing suite to get the best results.
- We also verify the frequently used functions of the software application for regression testing.
- A regression testing process can test or verify the main functions of a software application to ensure that the software application functions are as per the business requirements even after changes.
- We also help through our regression testing service to verify all the affected modules that occur due to specific changes in the code.
- During regression testing, it’s also the best practice to check for the boundary values.
- Integration testing is a testing process where individual software modules can be combined to be tested in a group. Sometimes, integration issues may arise, which can lead to problems in data transfer among modules. Thus, it is possible to select such integration tests during our services.
- We also check for essential or high-priority test cases during the regression testing procedure to reduce the test timing and efforts.
WHEN OUR REGRESSION TESTING COMPANY PERFORMS REGRESSION TESTING?
Regression testing services are performed to have no defects leftover in a software application after continuous changes. There are certain times after which it’s suitable to perform service, which include:
- We perform regression testing when the reported defects are fixed.
- This is performed when there seems visibility of new changes within an application or enhanced with some new features and functions.
- It can also be performed when certain modifications or alterations are made to the business requirements, and the application gets adjusted based on such new needs.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON CHALLENGES OF REGRESSION TESTING?
Some common challenges of regression testing services may include:
- Regression testing may incorporate several tests and even consume much time, especially when the software application is extensive and has some complexities.
- It may get difficult to filter and sort out the essential and high-priority tests for such testing and provide sufficient coverage during regression testing.
- There is a chance that there might be some difficulties in determining how often and when regression testing should be performed in a software application.
Our regression testing company in India uses several high-end tools for regression testing, mainly automated. It incorporates many tests that keep on repeating during every testing cycle.
Regression tests require continuous or periodic corrections or additions to provide optimum coverage for any recent changes in the features of an application.
The main objective behind regression testing is to ensure that all the modifications, fixes, additions, and enhancements of the codes don’t lead to any new errors in the software application. The already existing errors also get fixed and aren’t present anymore. Such testing is performed several times during all the stages of SDLC.
HOW OUR REGRESSION TESTING COMPANY PERFORMS REGRESSION TESTING?
Several methods are present through which our service can perform effectively. There is some advice that leads to better results. Some of the best pieces of advice on that include:
- Regression testing shouldn’t be postponed, and it’s advisable to perform such testing straight after any code changes, or error fixing is done in a software application.
- Error fixing may get corrected; however, it’s advisable to pay attention to the side effects of error-fixing, which may cause other defects due to some corrections.
- For a regression testing company, it’s also necessary to emphasize the functionality level of the software application rather than the design level during the regression testing services.
- It would be better to create regression test cases for every corrected error for better results.
- If there are several similar test cases during the regression testing by an offshore regression testing company, it would be better to select the important or the high priority test case first and exclude any other ones from the testing to ensure faster and better results.
- Some test cases always pass; thus, it’s advisable to exclude or archive such tests during regression testing to save time.
- A helpful recommendation for a regression testing company is to create a library of regression tests. Hence, monitoring all the regression tests to determine which tests are duplicated and removing them, adding new tests, and updating existing ones where possible.
WHY ARE OUR REGRESSION TESTING SERVICES PREFERABLE?
Vihat Technologies is a leading regression testing company in India, providing highly exceptional regression testing services through the help of our experienced professionals and by implementing advanced techniques of software application testing after continuous changes. We use high-end tools and highly experienced testers with an excellent grasp of regression testing to provide businesses with their ideal flawless results regarding the software application. The reasons why we as a regression testing company are preferable for your regression testing include:
- The testers in our company perform regression testing after optimizing the approach to minimize the risks and knowledge of when to stop the test.
- We ensure accuracy in our services to maintain optimum coverage through fewer test cases.
- We provide an appropriate and effective testing approach for gap analysis so that risk areas can be acknowledged, which helps optimize the speed and accuracy of testing.
- We also emphasize all the project parameters to make the test volume precise in line with the specifications of the software application and business requirements.
- Whether it’s the testing for a python-based API, Salesforce application, multi-app solutions, or a java mobile application, our knowledgeable testers and engineers ensure that none of the code changes can interrupt the existing functions of the application.
OUR REGRESSION TESTING PROCESS:
We are a leading offshore regression testing company that can provide incredible and efficient regression testing services to our clients to have satisfactory results in developing a flawless application. We offer a collaborative testing process in an agile manner, which includes:
In this stage, we initiate the regression testing process by analyzing the requirements of the software application, different user journeys, and existing manual test cases and their stability. Our services evaluate whether the regression testing is feasible or not.
In this stage, our company writes a precise and clear test strategy and test plan based on the initiation process regarding the requirements analysis. They serve as a guideline for all the automated regression testing processes, schedules, test coverage, tools and techniques, framework analysis, etc., throughout the entire software development and testing life cycle.
In this stage, we start with configuring an environment and framework development if it does not exist already, followed by reusable test scripts writing along with their appropriate test data. We also filter out the automation regression candidate from the manual test cases backlog based on its priority, severity, complexity, and stability.
In this stage, our company runs automated regression test suites on the appropriate environments and detects any bugs or flaws in the software application to identify if the requirements are realized as expected. Here, we also participate in a bug triage meeting to identify and prioritize the most critical defects, along with less critical bugs and gaps. We also get the agreed defects fixed and re-tested before the next testing cycle.
In this stage, we cluster the bugs based on the impact, priority, and severity and report the status of the bugs, test cases as part of our services.
In this stage, we analyze the testing reports and discuss with the team the root cause, improvement area, and action plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How long should regression testing take?
Usually, the time regression testing takes for completion depends on the number of test cases and the complexities of the software application.
Is it possible to perform regression testing services manually?
There is a possibility of performing regression testing manually; however, since applications nowadays are more complex and functional, it’s recommended to perform automated regression testing services.
Why are regression testing services crucial for businesses?
When developing a software application, it’s necessary to maintain and develop it effectively. Thus, there are possibilities to improve the functionalities of the software application, which may lead to some errors. If such errors persist during the usage of those software applications, then its value may decrease. Thus, regression testing services are crucial for any software application, which is possible with the help of our offshore regression testing company.
Is regression testing repetitive?
Yes, regression testing has a repetitive nature and can also be performed manually for small codebases.