PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ALSO REQUIRE THE PRIVILEGES OF USING APPLICATIONS WITH EASE. THUS, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR BUSINESS MORE SUCCESSFUL BY FULFILLING THEIR REQUIREMENTS THROUGH OUR ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES!!
WHAT ARE ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES?
To succeed and grow your business, your software application or web application should be accessible to all, irrespective of disabilities.
It is noticeable that approximately 20% of the world’s population have some disabilities, among whom 5-10% faces evident difficulties in functioning.
Vihat Technologies is one of the leading accessibility testing companies in India that solves such accessibility issues by providing services as per WCAG guidelines published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium that helps in delivering optimum coverage in highly accessible applications. It’s the only ideal approach that can help assure that all your applications, website, electronic document, or multimedia become accessible to people with disabilities. Generally, people having disabilities use assistive technology that makes a software application easily accessible.
For instance, input fields without proper labelling or images without ALT text description – sighted users would find a software application attractive; however, people with visual impairment may face issues regarding the same.
An accessible software application or web application becomes better with more accessibility options as it helps people with disabilities to participate in society, which leads to diversity and inclusion. With the technological advancement nowadays, it is better to make your software application accessible to all. It will be beneficial for businesses and organizations to build brand value, better and higher customer satisfaction, and rating.
Government agencies worldwide have decided on legislation necessitating that all the IT products, software applications, and web applications should be equally accessible to disabled people. There are some countries where the government made it mandatory to abide by specific accessibility guidelines: WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines), Germany – BITV (Barrierefreie-Informationstechniuk-Verordnung), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, EU-EN 301549 standards, Canada-AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act), Israel-IS5568 AA. Thus, web accessibility testing services are required for such reasons.
BENEFITS OF Web ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES:
Our web accessibility testing services will be beneficial for businesses to achieve success in making their software application used for all.
- We can offer testing services that will help cater to a broader market, including people with disabilities.
- We can provide accessibility testing services that offer better search engine optimization.
- Our services can help you to avoid any legal complications or discrimination regarding your software application.
WHAT DO OUR ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES COVER?
Our web accessibility testing company in India can help you make your software application usable by people with disabilities. It is beneficial since every software application must go through such services at least once before it gets to the development phase. Some of the aspects that our accessibility testing covers include:
- We help enable keyboard navigation of a software application that will help people with disabilities access the keyboard component of a software application quickly.
- Our accessibility testing services also help decrease or increase the site font, align, adjust, etc.
- We also cover the changing of the colour contrast depending on the dark or light background.
- We can also help by changing the colour of a site to make it more visible to people with disabilities.
- Our accessibility testing technique can also assist with monochrome and matching options for colour blind people.
- We can change the font of the software application to increase its readability for people with disabilities.
- Our web accessibility testing services can also help in increasing the display to 200%.
- Our accessibility testing processes also help in highlighting links on the site.
- We can also help in highlighting headers on the site to make it better for people with disabilities.
- Our services also cover displaying alternative descriptions of the provided images to ensure that everyone understands the context of an image.
- We can also help in increasing the cursor selected content that is shown in a tooltip.
- We can help with the describing of words within a software application by mouse selection for easier accessibility.
- For the users’ ease, we also help display the site’s contents in a new tab more precisely and clearly.
- Our services also cover aspects that can help make it possible to type content through a mouse, which will benefit some users.
- We provide accessibility testing services that also help to stop the flashing and blinking of moving elements.
WHY CHOOSE VIHAT TECHNOLOGIES FOR ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES?
Accessibility testing makes an application better by identifying how easily a user can access, navigate, and understand it.
Vihat Technologies is an offshore accessibility testing company in India that offers exceptional services in accessibility testing, which includes test compatibility with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and standards. They ensure easy access of software applications to people with disabilities and make an application have good usability for all. We have an excellent team, high-end tools, and exceptional experience for such testing purposes.
- Through our web accessibility testing services, we ensure the accessibility of a software application as we bring it in alignment with the latest version of W3C’s WCAG (backwards compatible) and other such legal obligations.
- We have the most modern, high-end, and useful automated and manual testing tools for the accessibility testing of websites and mobile applications.
- We know the user requirements as we capture these requirements by preparing comprehensive test plans and test scenarios.
- We have a team of well-experienced and exceptional test engineers who can perform web accessibility testing services and even provide comprehensive reports to add some detailed recommendations for improvement.
HOW CAN ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES BE PERFORMED?
Accessibility testing services can be performed in two different ways in a software application without any complications. The following are two different ways to conduct these services:
1.ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES ARE PERFORMED BY OUR QUALITY TEST ENGINEERS.
Through this method, our test engineers can perform specific testing processes for the accessibility testing of a software application with ease by using high-end tools and effective guidelines. The processes of our accessibility testing services include:
In this stage, our test engineers initiate the task by analyzing the software application requirements. A software requirement specification document helps us in the analysis process as an initial part of our accessibility testing services.
In this stage, our test engineers create a precise, clear test strategy and test plan based on the initiation process regarding the analysis of requirement specifications. They serve as a guideline for all the testing processes, schedules, test coverage, etc. throughout the entire software development and testing life cycle.
In this stage, our test engineers begin with the test design, which includes writing and reviewing repeatable test cases according to the requirements determined in the document. Where appropriate, we also focus on non-functional requirements, existing rules, or application logic while writing test cases.
In this stage, our test engineers execute the test cases and detect any bugs or flaws in the software application to identify if the requirements are as expected. Here, we also participate in a bug triage meeting to identify and prioritize the most critical defects, along with fewer critical bugs and gaps. We also get the agreed defects fixed and re-tested before the next testing cycle.
In this stage, our test engineers cluster the bugs based on the impact, priority, and severity and report the status of the bugs, test cases, and test cycles as part of our web accessibility testing services.
In this stage, our test engineers analyze the impact and severity of the defects identified and discuss with the team the root cause, improvement area, and action plan.
2. ACCESSIBILITY TESTING SERVICES ARE PERFORMED BY THE ACTUAL END-USER.
The accessibility testing services of a software application performed by the actual end-users include:
In this stage, a prototype – the early model of a software application with restricted functionality is built to test a design concept.
During this stage of accessibility testing services, a test plan comprises what will be tested, how it will be measured, etc.
In this stage, impartial feedback is taken by finding unbiased participants who won’t favour everything they see in the software application. This way, they will provide genuine feedback, whether it’s negative or positive.
Accessibility testing services don’t necessarily need to be performed inside as they can also be performed outside. The potential users are then put into a real-time context having an accurate environment, such as looking at the metro-train-journey planning prototype while riding a metro train.
We help the users by providing them with enough content and then reminding them to visualize they are using the application in real-life scenarios while exercising, commuting, shopping, etc.
Typically, the test deliverables consist of an excel spreadsheet with notes, a screen recording, an audio recording, a recording of the test participant through a webcam, etc. All such things are appropriately documented, and such records provide valuable information about the application accessibility defects.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the difference between usability and accessibility testing? And why is accessibility testing crucial?
Usability measures how easily a software application can be used. On the other hand, accessibility testing services ensure that a software application is accessible to all, irrespective of technological or physical means. It includes people having screen readers to those having mobile phones, slow modems, or PDAs.
Accessibility testing is crucial because it focuses on verifying usability and ensures that every individual can use it efficiently, including people with disabilities, consisting of physical, speech, cognitive, visual, auditory, language, learning, and neurological disabilities. Thus, it’s crucial as it ensures an application to be available to all, which increases the usage of that software application.
What are the challenges faced during accessibility testing services?
Some of the challenges faced during accessibility testing services of a software application include the increased requirement of human involvement due to numerous provisions in testing and verifying conformance that’s quite challenging for dynamic and large websites. Such sites, along with their changing permutations, may have difficulties in validation.
What are the significant categories of accessibility as per WCAG guidelines?
There are four significant categories of accessibility according to the WCAG or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These include:
- Operable: The user can easily use and navigate the application.
- Perceivable: Users can easily comprehend the contents.
- Understandable: Users can easily understand the contents of the software application.
- Robust: Contents of a software application are interpreted reliably.
What is an example of accessibility?
Accessibility is necessary in several aspects. It means that any content or functionality that is entirely usable and available to everyone with ease also includes people with disabilities. It can comprise different features, individual elements, or the entire web experience. Hence, accessibility testing services can be called a subset of usability testing.