DO YOU WANT TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUR TESTING PROCESSES GO SMOOTHLY AND ACCELERATE YOUR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE? IF SO, THEN TRY OUT OUR TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES THAT CAN MAKE YOUR TESTING PROCESSES BETTER THROUGH EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS!!
WHAT ARE TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES?
Whether it’s a small company starting to set up their business, a QA team, or a multi-billion-dollar company with matured QA processes or software testing, every business faces unique challenges when it comes to software testing and QA function.
With the ever-increasing innovation and productivity, clients require even higher standards for the quality of a software application. Even though the current testing methods and processes are satisfactory and fitting as per requirements, it will still require more perfection and accuracy in the future. Hence, businesses have to improve and invest in the test processes, and it’s even becoming mandatory for maintaining and balancing the software application’s quality and the overall business processes.
Vihat Technologies is an offshore software testing company that provides Test Advisory & Consulting Services for businesses to get the essential expert advice for achieving these goals and objectives and even moves to the subsequent maturity level in the test process and QA. We ensure that you get customized solutions that emphasize your current business requirements and align your future goals and aspirations with the help of TMMi (Test Maturity Model Integration) based assessment. We shall access a business’s current test orientation for the TMMi assessment by identifying areas of improvement and gaps. Based on that, we will develop the roadmap that will be defined and published for prioritizing items that need to be implemented.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES:
Several reasons are present that make choosing test advisory and consulting services a good choice for any business. Below are some of the reasons:
- A growing number of projects: The need for a better and more structured and documented approach to testing makes test advisory & consulting services necessary for any business.
- Reorganization or rapid growth of the company: Test advisory and consulting are required for the rapid growth and enhancement of the business and the restructuring of the obsolete and old processes.
- Unstructured and ambiguous QA processes: It helps in the enhancement of unstructured movements. Unclear responsibilities, missed bugs, lack of integration testing and testing environments, missing releases, and many more issues can arise due to unstructured testing processes.
- The quality of the product doesn’t turn out to be as expected: Businesses can also choose test advisory & consulting services if they want the quality of their software applications to be as per the expectations because if the quality of their deliverable is low, then they may lose clients.
- Instability of automated tests: Even though automated tests are powerful and reliable, only through the right hands. Lack of the “correct” test suite architecture and the “incorrect” approach results in failing tests randomly. It results in a frustrated team where nobody understands if it’s a software application bug or the issue of the automated tests.
- Lack of transparency and control: When you can’t understand and/or control the testing processes at all and don’t have a clear roadmap and vision of what the team is doing, you would require test advisory & consulting services.
- Lack of knowledge and expertise in the QA team: When there is insufficient knowledge or expertise, it will lead to missing bugs, unstable tests, unclear vision of the current standard of quality which would take more time for completion and may even delay releases.
- Not enough QA/testing resources: If you don’t have adequate resources or a QA team, or the current team is stuck, you would like to expand the team by adding extra test engineers, which leads to testing advisory & consultancy services.
- Increasing the efficiency of QA engineers: Maybe if the current test process isn’t as efficient as possible, you would require test advisory services. For example, it would be better to automate the test cases instead of repeating daily manual testing activities.
- Errors in test documentation and artefacts: Lack of accuracy in test documentation usually results in non-structured testing. Hence, your users will face any missed bugs that you can stop through test advisory services.
- Implementation of modern strategies and methodologies required: Both the strategy and methodology depend on several factors for software testing. The most popular ones include Scrum, Continuous Integration, Kanban, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), and Behaviour-Driven Development.
MANUAL LEVELS DEFINED FOR TMMI:
Below are the levels defined for TMMi model which are extremely important in order to mature the testing process in your organization.
The testing process is unstructured from every aspect and isn’t defined at all. The tests themselves get executed randomly whenever required once the coding gets completed.
- Undefined process
- Chaotic, Adhoc
- Uncertain outcomes
- No stable environment for supporting the process
When the testing activities get detached from the debugging task, the business can reach the managed level. For achieving this level, test strategies and test objectives must be defined beforehand. As noticeable in the test processes, the basic flow should be tested, such as developing and implementing test plans, testing techniques, and strategies.
- Test Planning
- Test policy and strategy
- Test design and execution
- Test monitoring and control
- Test environment
At this level, testing gets inherited through the comprehensive software development process. Testing processes have formally defined procedures, standards, strategies, and activities that are recorded. There is a well-defined test function for the software testing that is governed, supervised, and reviewed periodically.
- Test training program
- Test organization
- Test life cycle and integration – not confined to a phase following coding
- Peer reviews
- Non-functional testing
This maturity level can be achieved when the test activity can get systematically measured, controlled, and monitored at the corporate level for the benefits of independent projects.
- Software quality evaluation
- Test measurement
- Advanced peer reviews
This is the highest maturity level achievable if the data collected from testing activities are employed to minimize defects. The primary purpose at this level would be to enhance the existing testing processes.
- Quality control
- Defect prevention
- Testing process optimization
- Continuous improvement
PROCESS FOR TEST ADVISORY:
First, we set and prepare the goals and objectives for the test advisory exercise and then perform a comprehensive assessment across the different pillars of QA enterprise, i.e., Processes, Tools, People, & Technology.
Vihat Technologies come with enriched and exceptional QA experience and in-house QA accelerators, along with the best industry practices and baselines so that we can provide the best solutions. We aim to measure the testing processes, tools & enterprises against best practices, identify bottlenecks and gaps in their ability to support business growth, and provide recommendations for the corporate-wide testing processes. We can assist you in developing an effective roadmap of initiatives that can help you align your QA strategy with the business requirements.
6 STEPS FOR PERFORMING TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES FOR YOUR PROJECT:
- If there are no standards or documentation available, you can give as many details about your process as possible.
- Our software quality assurance consultant will analyze your process.
- Vihat Technologies can offer an in-depth document that explains all the concerns and how to fix the same.
- You can even solve problems in your test process consistently through our recommendations.
- We can review the fixes you completed and even ensure if it works as per the expectations.
- We can offer exceptional Test Advisory & Consulting services for your team so that you can be 100% sure that every individual in it can understand our recommended workflow.
RESULTS OF OUR TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES:
Our Test Advisory & Consulting services can be fruitful for your software applications and the business as a whole. We can help you with finding effective and efficient solutions for your testing problems.
- Measurable and transparent IT processes.
- Infrastructure setup and optimization (Testing environments and tracking systems).
- Simpler, closer, and enhanced collaboration among development, QA, and business units.
- Improved and enhanced software testing strategies and governance.
- Better and clear understanding of your project costs and highly accurate budget planning for software testing.
- A work environment that is customized as per your business processes, operations, and procedures.
- Fewer communication issues and human failures, along with improved work efficiency.
- Better and optimized development and QA costs and efforts.
WHY CHOOSE VIHAT TECHNOLOGIES FOR TEST ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES?
Vihat Technologies offers impeccable and excellent Test Advisory & Consulting services that can assist you in finding the gaps present in the testing process, create a robust and effective test strategy along with a clear plan and procedures, reduce costs, and increase the efficiency and efficacy of testing for avoiding any potential issues in the coming future. Hence, if you don’t want to lose anything in the future, you should take a pre-measured and invest beforehand.
With strong industry insights and accessibility of the latest technologies and methodologies, we can assist businesses in delivering the best-in-class software applications. Our Test Advisory services intend to help our clients define and establish a TCoE (Test Centre of Excellence) where predictable results are necessary.
- Industry-leading leadership in QA aligning alongside the latest frameworks like TMMi.
- In-house frameworks, tools, and accelerators that would be available easily for enhancing your QA maturity.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in SLA, metrics, and quality gates-driven QA & testing framework implementation along with robust test strategies and governance.
- Strong expertise in conducting an effective and comprehensive SWOT analysis and performing an assessment of testing practice.
- Expert resources along with experience to design custom QA strategies across a cross-section of domains.
- End-to-end testing assessment, including several types of testing, tools, methodologies, processes, environments, people, etc.
- QA strategy lined up with SDLC and STLC processes such as Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, or Hybrid.
- In-line seamlessly and efficiently with your DevOps function, development processes, and methodology.
- Assistance to adopt agile-based methodologies (TDD, ATDD, BDD, etc.)
- Helps the clients to spot any quality gaps in managing the end-to-end testing processes.
- Provides better and improved test coverage and agility.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What do Test Advisory & Consulting services do for the software testing of businesses?
What exactly Test Advisory & Consulting services do for the software testing processes of business include:
- Provides assistance
- Implements solutions
- Studies the test processes
- Strategizes better testing plans
- Integrates the testing in a better way
- Provides solutions to the testing problems
- Provides alignment
Who requires Test Advisory & Consulting Services?
Businesses who want their testing processes to be more effective and go smoothly need some assistance to help them plan and strategize the testing processes better. Such businesses require Test Advisory & Consulting services to ensure optimized testing processes and even help with better planning.
What are the critical testing challenges?
The critical testing challenges that businesses may face include:
- Inadequate test process definition.
- Undermining testing activities as a result of the focus on non-testing processes and schedule slippage.
- Un-base scope creeds/lined requirements.
- Gaps in skills and training.
- Fewer compared to optimal test team structure.
- Inefficiencies in execution.
- Insufficient defect management.
- Lack of strict adherence to exit/entry criteria.
- Absence of or improper utilization of test management, automation, and performance tools.
What’s the benefit for businesses through Test Advisory & Consulting Services?
Through Test Advisory & Consulting Services, businesses can keep their customers happy. If they ensure that all the testing processes go effectively through this service, then their customers can get high-quality applications as a result. If the customers are satisfied, then the business can grow more and reach success. Moreover, it also helps businesses to reduce their testing costs by preparing a budget.