VERIFY AND VALIDATE YOUR SOFTWARE APPLICATION TO ENSURE THAT IT CAN BE INSTALLED WITH ALL THE VITAL COMPONENTS AND REQUIREMENTS WITHOUT ANY HASSLE THROUGH OUR INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES!!
WHAT ARE INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES?
Installation testing services are performed on those software applications that require the end-users to install them on their mobile device or computer. Such software applications can be apps, browser extensions, server software, independent software applications, or database applications.
Installation testing services can validate the proper installation and further operation of a software application. Usually, it’s executed at the late phases of the development cycle of the software application when it’s almost ready. It emphasizes what a customer is required to do to install or uninstall a software application successfully.
Vihat Technologies provides efficient and exceptional installation testing services to ensure that your software application gets installed and works as per the standard requirements. It’s one of the essential validations for a software application without which your customers would have issues installing and using your software application.
WHY ARE INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES NECESSARY?
Installation testing services are necessary because they allow the software application to be installed and operate effectively and efficiently on specific devices. Some of the other reasons for installation testing services to be necessary include:
- Happy customers: Your customers will be happy and satisfied if they can use an application that gets installed quickly and effortlessly.
- Good free advertising: Better installation of a software application means satisfied users. If users are happy with your software application, they will recommend it to their colleagues and friends and even give good reviews. Thus, you would be getting your application advertised for free.
- Increasing trustworthiness of the company: If your customers like your software application, their trust in you will increase, and they will gladly utilize other products from your company. It’s a great way to build a good reputation for your company.
THE COMMON TYPES OF INSTALLATION INCLUDE:
Some of the common types of installation that are visible in software applications include:
- Attended Installation: In this type of installation, the user has to accept an end-user agreement, choose a location to install the application, enter the activation or password.
- Unattended Installation: This type of installation is applied when several applications need to be installed and don’t require user interaction. The necessary parameters might get taken from the answer file. Hence, the installation process fails whenever something goes wrong since there is no user interaction for managing it.
- Headless Installation: Installing a software application through a computer to a target computer without utilizing the monitor. The devices in such situations connect via a network.
- Clean and Precise Installation: This type of installation takes place for an application on a device with no previous or any other versions of the same application.
- Automated Installation: This type of software application installation runs automatically when the administrator predetermines certain conditions.
THE IMPORTANT ASPECTS TO FOCUS ON DURING INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES:
When performing installation testing, there are several important aspects that our test engineers focus on; such aspects include:
- Space: Whether the installer checks for space if it contains enough free space on the disk to install the software application.
- Memory: Whether the software application takes the amount of memory space as determined in the requirements.
- Behavior: How the software application behaves when there isn’t enough space on the disk for the installation.
- Negative Testing: How does the software application manage to break it during all of the installation phases.
- Uninstallation: Test engineers should also emphasize the validation of the uninstallation of the software application.
WHY CHOOSE VIHAT TECHNOLOGIES FOR INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES?
Vihat Technologies is an offshore software testing company that provides exceptional installation testing services with the help of our quality assurance professionals and test engineers. We have all the expertise and experience required to perform the installation testing services of your software application dedicatedly.
- Our test engineers and professionals have familiarity with installation testing of different web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Our test engineers and professionals have excellent skills in testing and are aware of the peculiarities and weaknesses of different kinds of modern applications and various versions of installers.
- Our professional test engineers can write clear and concise bug reports and even help the development team discover the root cause of the reported errors in the software application installation process.
- We always focus on the best practices and techniques, peculiarities of the project, our own experience, and the customers’ priorities in our work.
THE PROCESS OF OUR INSTALLATION TESTING SERVICES:
We are an independent installation testing company in India, having experienced and knowledgeable QA professionals and test engineers. We can offer incredible services for the installation testing of your software application with our high-end tools and effective testing strategies. Our installation testing processes are as follows:
In this stage, we initiate the task by analyzing requirements regarding the software application. A software requirement specification document helps us in the analysis process as an initial part of our services.
In the planning stage, we write a precise, clear test strategy and test plan based on the initiation process regarding the analysis of requirement specifications. They serve as a guideline for all the testing processes, schedules, test coverage, etc. throughout the entire software development and testing life cycle.
In this stage of our installation testing services, we start with the test design, which includes writing and reviewing repeatable test cases according to the requirements determined in the document. Where appropriate, we also focus on non-functional requirements, existing rules, or application logic while writing test cases.
In this stage, we execute the test cases and detect any bugs or flaws in the software application to identify if the requirements are as expected. Here, we also participate in a bug triage meeting to identify and prioritize the most critical defects, along with less critical bugs and gaps. We also get the agreed defects fixed and re-tested before the next testing cycle.
In this stage, we cluster the bugs based on the impact, priority, and severity and report the status of the bugs, test cases, and test cycles as part of our services.
In this stage of our installation testing services, we analyze the testing reports and discuss with the team the root cause, improvement area, and action plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the advantages of installation testing services?
Some of the advantages of installation testing services include:
- It helps in maintaining the software application standard.
- It’s a handy method that can also help in checking the version of the software application.
- Due to this service’s excellent outputs, developers will improve their software applications for the end-users.
What are the drawbacks that test engineers face during installation testing services?
Some of the drawbacks that test engineers may face when performing installation testing services include:
- Sometimes there can be a failure due to bugs in the code and other external factors, making this process time-consuming and tiring for the test engineers.
- When it comes to the process of test cases execution during installation testing, it can be time-consuming.
- The result of the testing depends entirely on the test case driven.
What are the main challenges for installation testing services?
The two main challenges for installation testing services are:
- Numerous validation conditions.
- The software application should be tested on different configurations.
What are the features of installation testing services?
Some of the features of installation testing services include:
- Helpful in delivering optimum results.
- Activity-based testing.
- Gets executed during operational acceptance testing.
- Gets executed during the last state of the SDLC.
- Useful in identifying and detecting bugs during the installation.
- Performed by configuration manager and test engineers.